Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Released||June 24, 2010|
- Bot Name
- What's special about it?
- It's my first REAL bot and my first one submitted to RoboRumble.
- How competitive is it?
- not very.
- Is it Open Source?
- Yes. Feel free to peek into the .jar or take a bigger look into the github repository.
- How does it fire?
- Currently with a mix of pattern matcher gun and head-on at close range.
- Where did you get the name?
- It is the NATO-letter 'W'. As my personal nickname I use this for smaller projects and first prototypes.
- staticline.whiskey.Whiskey or staticline.Whiskey - which is correct?
- It started with the second one but after a major change in the whole code structure I also changed the packages. The staticline.Whiskey 0.5.x bot is deprecated.
- What's next for your robot?
- * Do my homework and make him competitive.
- * Implement a classification-based targeting mechanism.
- This is my first bot, so I used some wave surfing code from the Wave Surfing Tutorial with some little tweaks by Voidious. The code structure of the current bot is a quick'n'dirty implementation of Ray Vermette's TheArtOfWar bot. I'm very confident this will help me with my further plans. Last but not least my thanks go to this great Wiki and it's participants.