Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Code License||closed source|
- What's special about it?
- It's designed to perform well as part of a team of VARBots as well as individually, whether in 1v1 or Melee.
- Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
- There's not enough in it yet to be worthy of download. This will change but as I'm still learning all of this it will take some time.
- How competitive is it?
- It's not currently in RoboRumble but I do spar it against other bots. Since it's a one-size-fits-all bot, it is necessarilly considered a megabot but obviously lacks the sophistication of true megabots.
- How does it move?
- It uses a variation of minimum risk movement. I have studied the movement of HawkOnFire as an initial implementation but in team mode there is code in place to control the destination of a bot by the command of the team leader. When performing autonomously, it is close to the movement of HawkOnFire.
- How does it fire?
- head-on targeting gun but this will be augmented/changed once I have a stable first version. There is also code to avoid firing that would have a high chance of hitting a teammate (friendly-fire). So far in my benchmarks this has not proven to help much (enough?) to justify the complexity but it's part of the design.
- How does it dodge bullets?
- As part of minimum risk and also as a tenet of not keeping still in melee/team battles it computes new destinations based on risk. In team mode it has complete information about where all teammates bullets actually are and seeks to avoid them.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Nothing yet.
- Where did you get the name?
- It's based on my internet handle VARoadstter which I chose while living in Virginia and driving an Audi TT Roadster.
- Can I use your code?
- It's not released yet but I intend to throw it open should it reach a level suitable for release.
- What's next for your robot?
- Finish release version 1
- Augment/replace the gun
- Does it have any white whales?
- It does well in matches against many existing teams but loses to ShadowTeam and PolyLunar.
Thanks to HawkOnFire for the initial inspiration implementation of movement.