Template For Bot Pages
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Template For Bot Pages|
|Author(s)||Put Your Username Here|
|Extends||AdvancedRobot, TeamRobot, Robot, etc.|
|Targeting||How does it fire?|
|Movement||How does it move?|
|Released||The current year|
|Code License||If it doesn't matter to you, just put "public domain".|
- What's special about it?
- What makes your bot unique?
- How competitive is it?
- How good is your bot in different circumstances and against different competitors? How does it rank in competitions like the RoboRumble?
- How does it dodge bullets?
- Pretty much the same as the movement section.
- How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
- Melee is a battle with many bots; one-on-one is a battle with only two bots.
- How does it select a target to attack/avoid in melee?
- Some bots target the first enemy they see; other bots attack the closest enemy; still others choose the target with the greatest energy. If your bot doesn't support melee, just omit this section.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- What does the bot store in static global variables (between rounds) and in files (between matches)?
- Where did you get the name?
- a.k.a. the "What the heck were you thinking?" section.
- Can I use your code?
- Put licensing information here.
- What's next for your robot?
- Typically a list of future goals.
- Does it have any White Whales?
- Arch-nemesis bots.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- Did you borrow / steal code from any other robots? Also, you can use this section to give credit for ideas and concepts used in your bot.