Targeting Challenge 2K7
The third targeting challenge, which was established in 2007 in an attempt to achieve better preformance, by testing against certain reference bots.
- The Challenger must remain stationary all the time.
- The Challenger is only allowed to feed the fire() method(s) the constant 3.
- This often results in at least one bullet per round fired with energy lower than 3 though.
- Which means no energy management whatsoever.
- There are 10 Reference Bots, none of which fire, few of which do any ramming.
- The Challenger meets each reference bot in battle over 500 rounds.
- The Challenger's score against each reference bot is calculated like "challenger_bullet_damage / rounds".
- Average the scores against each reference bot to get the total score.
Same rules as above, except:
- The Challenger must not save any data between battles.
- The Challenger meets each reference bot over 15 seasons of 35 rounds each.
- Shadow 3.66d - expert WaveSurfer, DynamicClustering based stats
- CassiusClay 2pi.08 - expert WaveSurfer
- WeeksOnEnd 1.10 - MiniBot WaveSurfer, still very strong against top guns
- WaveSerpent 1.221 - high level WaveSurfer with unique stats system; intermediate level against top guns
- RaikoMX 0.32 - classic WaveSurfer; intermediate level against good guns
- Fortune 1.0 - MultiMode of several best in class RandomMovement implementations
- DuelistMicro 2.0 - GoTo style RandomMovement (similar in style to Cigaret)
- GrubbmGrb 1.2.4 - MultiMode with Stop 'n' Go, Oscillation
- RaikoMicro 1.44 - classic, very strong RandomMovement
- WeeklongObsession 1.5 - strong RandomMovement
You can get all the reference bots at once: Download