Jump to navigation
Jump to search
- Version History - Archived Talk 20040227 - Archived Talk 20090525
- What's special about it?
- It was one of the first bots to do Wave Surfing right.
- It dominated the RoboRumble from March to July, 2004, jumping 30+ points past Shadow, the previous king.
- How competitive is it?
- It's at #39 in RoboRumble General 1v1 after nearly 10 years without updates.
- How does it move?
- It orbits where the opponent was, when they fired the bullet, which might hit it next. Um.
- How does it fire?
- GuessFactor Targeting, done just as in Raiko.
- How does it dodge bullets?
- It looks at the nearest approaching enemy bullet, tries to guess where it's going, and tries to be somewhere other than that. Currently it's a bit better at guessing where the opponent is going to fire than at guessing where it's going to move to, but I'll fix that eventually.
- How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
- The mind boggles.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- It saves the details of where it was hit by the enemy.
- Where did you get the name?
- Raiko MegaBot eXperimental. It's meant to be a development platform for things I might be able to stuff into Raiko someday.
- Can I use your code?
- Sure. It's included in the jar and released under the terms of the RWPCL.
- What's next for your robot?
- To improve the movement. A lot.
- Does it have any White Whales?
- I'm taking a real dislike to Aleph...
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- Raiko. It uses the codebase of Narcissus as well.