Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Targeting||Dynamic Clustering (PIF)|
|Movement||Minimum Risk Movement|
Sub-Pages: Version History
- What's special about it?
- Nothing, it just has a very weird risk function.
- How competitive is it?
- Once got #10 in MeleeRumble.
- How does it move?
- It uses a very simple Minimum Risk Movement combined with a very weird risk function. If you watch it, it will just run all over the field hitting the walls, but meanwhile it will do a lot of damage with it's strong gun and somehow it will get a reasonable amount of survival points as well. When getOthers() == 1, it surfs like Knight.
- How does it fire?
- It uses an implementation of Shadow swarm targeting combined with a very simple but quite-powerful-on-melee Play-It Forward gun, falling back to a one-on-one Virtual Gun array when getOthers() == 1.
- How does the melee strategy differ from One-on-one strategy?
- In one-on-one it will switch to a specific Virtual Gun array and to Wave Surfing movement.
- How does it select a target to attack/avoid in melee?
- It doesn't.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Trees, virtual gun scores and stats about the match between rounds and nothing between matches.
- Where did you get the name?
- Knight seemed like a good name for a one-on-one bot, and I needed something along those lines to a melee robot. Monk was my choice. Nothing special about it.
- Can I use your code?
- It's closed.
- What's next for your robot?
- Make the risk function actually work.
- Add linear and/or HOT avoidance.
- Improve gunning.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- It is based on Knight and RoborioPorradeiro (my non-serious melee entry).