Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Movement||Minimum Risk Movement|
- What's special about it?
- It was among the first Twin Duel teams, and it's been a consistent contender, taking home quite a few first place finishes. It also helped to prove the competitiveness of melee style movement strategies in the Twin Duel; at one point, it was the only top team not using a more aggressive 1v1 style movement.
- How competitive is it?
- It's pretty strong, but no longer the best. I think it's currently #3, behind LunarTwins and GeminiTeam.
- How does it fire?
- The gun is a fairly simple GuessFactor Targeting gun, with no scan interpolation or scan sharing between teammates.
- How does the strategy differ in 2v2, 2v1, 1v2, and/or 1v1?
- Not very much at all, actually.
- Of course it locks the radar when there's only one opponent.
- If her teammate is alive, Luminari tries to be perpendicular to the teammate's bearing to enemies. (Risk factor
square(Math.cos(bearingToTeammate - bearingToMe))for each enemy location.) The goal is to reduce the enemy's average max escape angle against our guns.
- If both enemies are alive, the movement tries not to let the enemies be perpendicular to her. (Risk factor
square(Math.sin(enemyBearings - enemyBearings)).) The goal is to increase the average max escape angle against the enemy's guns.
- How does it select a target to attack/avoid?
- It simply fires at the closest enemy.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Nothing between matches, per the rules of the Twin Duel. Between rounds, it saves the stat buffers for the gun.
- Where did you get the name?
- Luminara Unduli is/was a great Jedi Master:
- "When crises demanded it, she and her faithful Padawan learner, Barriss Offee, would rush into the thick of conflict, where their incredible talents with the lightsaber blade served them well."
- Barriss Offee is/was her Padawan:
- "In combat, Barriss Offee specialized in tandem fighting. Her connection to the Force allowed her to perfectly synchronize her actions with that of her Master."
- Can I use your code?
- Yes, it's in the .jar, released under the RWPCL.
- What's next for your robot?
- Does it have any White Whales?
- Currently GeminiTeam and LunarTwins. Historically, MarioBros is another huge rival.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- Nothing too directly, but...
- Chalk - I learned Dynamic Clustering mainly from studying this bot by Corbos. Much of my algorithm / style was the same as his when this used a DC gun.
- I don't know who invented Minimum Risk Movement, but I didn't. =)
- I learned about code size restricted GF guns from RaikoMicro, which itself credits PEZ's Tityus, I think.