Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Targeting||Self-Organizing Observation Log|
- What's special about it?
- Its gun is unique.
- How competitive is it?
- In the top 100 of RoboRumble General 1v1.
- How does it fire?
- It uses a Self-Organizing Observation Log gun. When a wave hits, the Log records how far and in what direction the enemy has travelled since firing the wave. Along with that Observation, a number of situational parameters are stored. The Log is ordered in such a way that similar Observations will become neighbours. When aiming, the Log searches for such a neighbourhood of Observations and uses these to calculate the most likely future position of the enemy.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Between matches: Nothing. Between rounds: the SOOL.
- Where did you get the name?
- From Orson Scott Card's book Ender's Game. Locke is the pseudonym of Ender's brother Peter.
- Can I use your code?
- Sure, just give the authors due credit, according to the Wiki License.
- What's next for your robot?
- Just making the new SOOL gun work properly.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?