Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Targeting||Symbolic Pattern Matching|
- Bot Name
- What's special about it?
- Uses a slightly unique movement: it stays perpendicular to the enemy and moves forward or backwards depending on whether the enemy is going forward or backward. In effect, it uses the opponent's movement against it.
- Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
- Search it up on robocode repository. Or use the link on the infobox.
- How competitive is it?
- Not super competitive, it was mostly intended as a test to see how well mirror movement could do in nano.
- How does it move?
- In the first rounds, it turns perpendicular and speeds straight forward. In effect, it bounces off the walls to fool HOT.
- This is similar to the Musashi Trick. Because it stays perpendicular and orbits, it can sometimes dodge linear targeting as well. Circular targeting or anything more advanced will kill it, however, so it switches to a new movement if it dies 3 times in the first 5 rounds. In this system, it stays perpendicular to the enemy and moves forward or backwards based on which way the enemy is moving.
- The idea is, the top nano bots have a very good random movement, and by copying it, it will have it s own strong random movement.
- How does it dodge bullets?
- See movement.
- Where did you get the name?
- I like the cat theme I have going, and CopyKat naturally fits from mirror movement.
- What's next for your robot?
- Make it better! Probably.. nothing. This was mostly a test, I doubt it'll do that well.
- Can I use your code?
- Of course, RWPCL. Just don't use the whole thing and claim it as your own.
- And if you find an innovative way of reducing the code, I would love to hear!