Chronicle of 2009
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Here is a list of events, minor or major, that happened in robocode/robowiki 2009:
- New wiki finally fully replaced the old one. Old one became archive.
- New WikiBot, Robobot, who is doing a manual bulk operation like mass renaming.
- New WikiBot, VoidBot, who is archiving the RoboRumble ranking.
- Darkcanuck's RoboRumble Server became the main and official server (not temporary any more)
- CunobelinDC has successfully dethrone WeeksOnEnd and Komarious.
- BulletCatcher has come with great Bullet Shielding.
- Portia and Diamond have come and crush Shadow into pieces.
- The 'untouchable' top-4 of melee finally got the competition of 5 new entries, including the two mentioned above.
- DustBunny grabbed the throne in Nano Melee.
- LittleBlackBook took the Nano throne. WhiteWhale came with heated discussion.
- Robocode 1.7 released with completely re-modularize under the Dependency Injection Design Pattern. Nat joined the development team as a QA guy (as Pavel called).
- Josh joined the development team to develop new game mode for Robocode v2. (e.g. obstacles, etc.)
- We have @RoboWiki Twitter Stream managed by User:Voidious. New @RoboRumble for RoboRumble ranking.
- Robocode's velocity system in v1.7 has bugs, we united in a teamwork to fixed it!.
- New Anti-Surfer Challenge
- Rednaxela posted RoboRumble Superpack.
- kNN Activity. Rednaxela posted new lighting-fast kD-tree.
rumblestat:parser hook for posting RoboRumble stats for our robot!
- Happy New Year Robocode Style~! --Nat Pavasant 00:00, 1 January 2010 (UTC) (please help me completed this list, it's an eventful year)
- Darkcanuck raised the bar for neural network bots with Pris. He also explained a lot about how his NN bots work at Gaff/Targeting.
- Twin Duel division was added to the RoboRumble, the first new division in years.
- Positive posted some very nice Robocode vids on his YouTube account.
- Darkcanuck added a Query API for the RR server, making it much easier to do cool things with RoboRumble data in other programs. (@roborumble, RumbleStats, Rumble Archives, and BedMaker all use it.)
- Tons of activity in the MeleeRumble top 20 - more than in the previous 4 years combined, I would bet. =) --Voidious 01:34, 1 January 2010 (UTC)
- Wow, seems just like months ago since I started the 2008 one. Anyways, after coming back for a bit a few months ago, I wrote my first DC bot (micro), a failed attempt at a Wave Surfer (though I finally managed to understand the idea), and learned a lot about neural networks and even wrote one, though the code still has yet to be placed in a bot. If school allows, I may come back :) --Starrynte 05:55, 1 January 2010 (UTC)
- I joined the wiki, and had a lot of fun making robots. I went from someone who knew nothing at all about programming to someone who still knows very little, but now I can at least make a functional bot:-)--CrazyBassoonist 18:52, 2 January 2010 (UTC)