Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Movement||Minimum Risk Movement|
- Bot Name
- What's special about it?
- It was my first truly competitive bot, and it's melee movement was fairly unique for not trying to run away from enemies.
- Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
- How competitive is it?
- Very competitive. It held down the #1 spot in the micro melee rumble until Wallaby came along.
- How does it move?
- It uses Minimum Risk Movement. However, it's movement works in a somewhat different way from normal melee movements in that it doesn't rate points based on distance from other robots. In fact, the only thing it takes into account is perpendicularity to the closest enemy and the distance from the center of the field. The way it works is that it chooses a distance(closest enemy distance*Math.random()*0.72) then projects that distance for every direction it could go in and moves to the best point.
- This robot's overall strategy is to get to a corner and establish dominance of it, as opposed to trying to avoid being fired at from the beginning like many melee bots. To this end it is very agressive; it will move very close to other robots in order to gain the corner. The fact that its movement is a good random movement in itself and that it has a good gun for a micro melee bot means that it usually can kill any robots that are also trying to take that corner.
- How does it fire?
- I needed a gun that would be accurate at close ranges without needing much data to operate with, so it uses a gun from the Circular Targeting page that I modified to take the other robot's acceleration into account. It's extremely accurate at close ranges, and works very well in melee.
- How does it dodge bullets?
- It doesn't. It just tries to move pretty randomly.
- Is this robot Melee-capable?
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Where did you get the name?
- It's kind of a big brother to my retired bot TybaltMelee.
- Can I use your code?
- What's next for your robot?
- I'm getting some promising results by using (350+getOthers()*50)/e.getDistance() instead of 500/e.getDistance(), so the next version might explore better firepower selection. I probably won't release another version unless I think it will take the minibot throne, however.
- Does it have any White Whales?
- For some reason, grofvuil and wisdom both completely destroy it.