Jump to navigation
Jump to search
- Version History - Code
- What's special about it?
- Almost nothing. =) It had the shortest time from conception to release of all my bots - I just whipped it up while waiting for some Diamond test beds to run, then tuned it a little.
- How competitive is it?
- It's at #5 in the melee MicroBot rankings. But compared to the bots it emulates (HawkOnFire, Shiz), it's not very competitive at the moment.
- How does it move?
- A really simple Minimum Risk Movement. Tries to stay far from other bots, weighted by energy, tries not to be targeted, and has some randomness from its own recent locations.
- How does it fire?
- Head-On Targeting =)
- How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
- It doesn't, actually.
- How does it select a target to attack/avoid in melee?
- Fires at the closest bot.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Where did you get the name?
- It's named after Blitzkrieg Bat, which was my favorite Battle Beast as a kid. They're tiny little animalish warrior action figures. I loved those things!
- Can I use your code?
- Yes, it's released under the RWPCL.
- What's next for your robot?
- Not sure!
- Does it have any White Whales?
- Sure, HawkOnFire, Shiz, and MeleeSprout all kick its butt.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- HawkOnFire (conceptually, I never looked at HoF's code), BrokenSword, and Diamond.