(Redirected from AFlatNaturalDeBroglie)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|A Flat Natural|
|Targeting||a virtual guns array of simple targeters|
|Code License||public domain|
- Where did you get the name?
- My first Advanced Robot ever was given a musical name, A Flat. When I tacked on virtual guns, I just extended the metaphor.
- What's special about it?
- It's a nostalgic bot for me. I used A Flat as a challenge for programming students in their own Rumble. It was open sourced to the students, and I commented heavily, so comments make up about half of the total line count of the code. Later on, I worked with two advanced students on virtual guns, and added that targeting to old A Flat.
- Oh, and if you enable paint, you can see it spewing out 26 virtual bullets per tick at its opponent, with (most) of the guns getting their own unique color. It's a fun visual.
- How competitive is it?
- It's in the low 400s in RoboRumble. Middle of the pack-ish.
- How does it fire?
- A virtual guns array of 26 simple targeters of various kinds. The stats for each gun are segmented in several dimensions via a VCS system, and the gun with the highest expected point yield is chosen.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Nothing between matches. Between rounds all targeting data is saved.
- Can I use your code?
- Sure. This bot is entirely Public Domain now.
- What's next for your robot?
- Nothing. This bot is left for posterity now.
- Does it have any White Whales?
- What other robot(s) is it based on?