Difference between revisions of "WaveSerpent/Version History"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(migrating from old wiki)
|(3 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
* 1.402, rated 2079, ranked 4th
* 1.402, rated 2079, ranked 4th
** Further gun tweaks.
** Further gun tweaks.
Latest revision as of 10:12, 30 November 2009
- 2.11, rated ?
- PM gun matches on advancing and lateral velocity rather than velocity and delta heading.
- 2.1, rated 86.02 APS, ranked 3rd (4th PL)
- Added pattern matcher to VG array.
- A few other minor tweaks.
- 2.0, rated 86.10 APS, ranked 3rd (5th PL)
- Rewrote parts and modified code structure.
- New main gun with crowd targeting and anti aliasing.
- Added anti surfer gun and virtual guns array.
- Movement now uses anti aliasing, dynamic weighting, and precise wave intersection.
- Added curve flattener.
- Many other small changes.
- 1.402, rated 2079, ranked 4th
- Further gun tweaks.
- 1.401, rated ?
- Two small gun tweaks.
- Slightly changed distance segments in surfing code.
- 1.4, rated 2097, ranked 3rd (7 PL)
- New dynamic clustering gun.
- 1.3a, rated 2038, ranked 17th (7 PL, but with a couple losses to non-surfers)
- 1.3b3, rated 2075, ranked 5th (7 PL)
- Got rid of fancy weighting system.
- Added bin smoothing.
- Some small tweaks to weights.
- 1.3b2, rated ?
- Tweaked the weighting of gun buffers.
- 1.3b, rated 2075, ranked 4th (12 PL)
- Testing new main gun.
- Tweaked version of the gun from version 1.24.
- Rolls data more slowly.
- Wall segment takes into account max escape angle.
- New weighting system exaggerates or flattens the valleys and peaks in a buffer depending on how much data the buffer has.
- 1.24, pulled
- Tweaks to gun segmentation.
- Changed the structure of the gun.
- A lot more gun buffers (8 instead of 4) and different weighting for them.
- 1.231, rated 2079, ranked 4 (7 PL)
- Added super-slow learning buffer to the movement.
- 1.23, rated 2076, ranked 4 (about 7 PL)
- Learns from onBulletHitBullet (I can't believe I haven't already added this).
- Removed acceleration timer buffer.
- Some changes to gun segmentation.
- 1.221, rated 2066, ranked 4 (13 PL)
- Fixed minor bug making the first hit weighted more than it should.
- Added acceleration timer buffer.
- 1.22, rated 2067, ranked 4 (7 PL)
- Added stop evaluation again.
- Predicts its position over the first two waves in each direction instead of just the first one.
- 1.213, rated 2060, ranked 7 (7 PL)
- Removed stop position evaluation.
- 1.212, rated 2059, ranked 7 (7 PL)
- Added stop position evaluation.
- Fixed minor bug in precise prediction.
- 1.211, rated 2062, ranked 7 (7 PL).
- Back to old buffer weighting.
- 1.21, rated 2056, ranked 7 (16 PL).
- Rewrote parts of the gun, although it should act almost the same as the old one.
- Added super fast unsegmented buffer to gun.
- Fast learning buffer weighted higher.
- Added melee capabilities again (won't be released in melee rumble yet).
- A few minor bug fixes:
- Enemy location no longer changes when the enemy is dead and WaveSerpent is surfing the last couple waves.
- Clears all gun waves when it stops shooting.
- Fixed one off bug in gun waves.
- 1.2, rated 2064, ranked 5 (10 PL).
- Rewrote movement:
- Doesn't evaluate stop position.
- Fixed one off bug in enemy waves.
- Bugfix in wall ahead segment.
- Less segmentation schemes and no dynamic weighting.
- Changed the way dive protection is done.
- Changed rolling averages.
- More precision in choosing which wave to surf and when to stop surf prediction.
- Rewrote movement:
- 1.103, rated 1703, ranked 5 melee.
- Back to 1.101.
- General melee tweaks.
- Improved wave weighting in melee.
- Added unsegmented buffer to gun.
- 1.102, rated 2019, ranked 18 (15 PL).
- Same risk function for simple and non-simple targeters (although the distancing still changes).
- Default mode is normal instead of anti-simple.
- More aggressive distancing.
- 1.101, rated 2024, ranked 18 (17 PL)
- Weights start empty instead of having some pre-filled values.
- Tweaked distancing and wall smoothing.
- Higher threshold for assuming the enemy is a non-simple targeter.
- Finaly ended an 8(!) release streak of being stuck around 2015 :).
- 1.1, rated 2014, ranked 19 (19 PL)
- Improved execution speed.
- A few minor tweaks/bugfixes.
- Highly experimental dynamically weighted surf stats.
- 1.07, rated 2013, ranked 19 (18 PL)
- Completely changed surfing segmentation and weighting.
- A few minor bug fixes.
- Wouldn't be surprised if this did worse...
- 1.063, rated 2014, ranked 19 (20 PL)
- More movement tweaking.
- 1.061, rated 2012, ranked 19 (17 PL)
- Tweaked surfing weights
- 1.06, rated 2014, ranked 18 (17 PL)
- Added acceleration segmentation in surfing data.
- 1.051, rated 2015, ranked 18 (17 PL)
- Slow buffer is weighted less.
- 1.05, rated 2013, ranked 18 (18 Pl)
- Buffers are layered on top of each other instead of switched between.
- 1.04, rated 1709, ranked 5 melee (dropped to about 1703 by the time 1.103 was released).
- Surfing movements learns faster at the end of melees.
- Added wave weighting in melee gun.
- 1.031, rated 2014, ranked 17 (18 PL)
- Testing more standard energy management.
- 1.03, rated 2010, ranked 17 (18 PL).
- Experimental dynamic bullet power calculations.
- A few minor tweaks.
- 1.02, rated 2007, ranked 17 (16 PL) one-on-one, rated 1707, ranked 5 melee.
- Fixed another bug in energy management.
- Changed in the super-fast gun buffer.
- 1.01, rated 2003, ranked 18 (21 PL) one-on-one, rated 1708, ranked 5 melee.
- Fixed bug in energy management.
- Fixed bug causing WaveSerpent to never stop shooting.
- Added flattener for one-on-ones at the end of melees.
- 1.0, rated 2007, ranked 17 (17 PL) one-on-one, rated 1704, ranked 5 melee.
- Rewrote the code, adding numerous minor improvements.
- Uses Logic's melee behavior.
- 0.52, rated 1999, ranked 17 (16 PL).
- Changed distancing, now one fluid function.
- Target data is less.
- Some ideas from Dookious:
- Energy management changes.
- Gun segmented on bullet travel time instead of distance.
- 0.51b, rated 1998, raked 17 (18 PL).
- Change in timeAcceleration segment.
- Tweaked gun segmentation.
- Back to 0.5's movement.
- 0.51 rated 1994, ranked 18 (17 PL).
- Surfs the small "danger zones" on nearest two waves only.
- Small movement segmentation changes.
- 0.5 rated 1997, ranked 17 (17 PL).
- Added rolling to the gun.
- Target data for the gun is lower.
- 0.43 rated 1988, ranked 18 (21 PL).
- Tweaked gun.
- Lots of minor changes (mainly in energy management).
- 0.42 rated 1989, ranked 18 (19 PL).
- More standard energy management.
- Fastest learning gun rated worse when setting the segmentation.
- A few small tweaks.
- 0.41 rated 1976, ranked 19 (22 PL).
- Uses distance and bulletpower segments instead of bullet travel time.
- Timer segmentation turned on (accidentally turned off in 0.33).
- Small energy management change.
- No rolling averages against simple targeters.
- A few more tweaks and changes.
- 0.33 rated 1973, ranked 21 (21 PL).
- A secondary layer of punishing for getting near hit locations.
- Tweaked segmentation
- 0.32 rated 1978, ranked 17 (23 PL).
- Sharper distance control against non-simple targeters.
- 0.31 rated 1976, ranked 18 (23 PL).
- Much stronger against simple targeters
- 0.3 rated 1953, ranked 26 (25 PL).
- More aggressive energy management.
- Fixed bug on time until bullet hits index.
- Fixed bug in registering hits.
- Giant increase in risk if within 0.1 GF of a hit location.
- Some tweaking.
- 0.2 rated 1963, ranked 25 (30 PL),
- New distance control and wall smoothing.
- Orbits the other robot's current position instead of the wave's.
- Fixed bug in enemy wall collision detection.
- Stores and dodges dangerous points instead of bins.
- Segmented on bullet travel time instead of distance.
- 0.1 rated 1944, ranked 28 (27 PL),
- Initial release.