I spent alot of time lately working on Demonics movement. In the process I lost the source to some older versions like 1.4 while tring to re-invent the wheel. but I'm happy with the out come, and think it has alot of potiental. I noticed after posting that it got booted from a rumble match while fighting with shadow and sandBox for skipping turns. I will have to fix. --Jlm0924 06:12, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
v2.0b, is funtionally the same, the disabled wave surfing / tracking processing was commented out to try and speed it up a bit.. if you notice skipped turns I'd appreiciate the heads up.. (Dame slow bot :) I guess I should do everyOne a favour and learn kd trees. Any 'simple' code examples of them implemented to start learning from ??
This has a nice applet on k-d tree and quadtree. Try looking at Bucket PR k-d tree as it is faster than original kd-tree, also it has been used by this community =) Simple implementation... Voidious' kd-tree probably most readable 'simple' kd-tree code on this wiki but the Simonton's tree is probably more easier to understand, but with confusing code style. This tree was where I (and probably Voidious) used to learn from. Don't try Rednaxela's kd-tree if you are looking at anything simple =) PS. Could you please at least write about yourself and your robot? » Nat | Talk » 12:59, 8 September 2009 (UT--Voidious 19:56, 8 September 2009 (UTC)C)
Those applets are nice, but what I found most helpful when I was first learning was this. Also, pfft, this older revision of my tree is in my opinion the very most readable one out there Nat. PS, I agre with Nat, it would be nice if you make a page for your bot some time :) --Rednaxela 13:22, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
For what it's worth, the only thing I used for reference was the Wikipedia entry. =) Keep in mind that the tree won't magically solve your skipped turn issues. In fact, optimizing a brute force method might give better performance. Where the trees excel are in guns in longer 1v1 matches - you only get ~5,000 gun scans of each enemy in a 35-round Melee match (unless you start creating lots of extra gun waves, like I did recently...), and far less on the Wave Surfing side. Then again, Rednaxela's tree is really fast. Anyway, good luck. And yes, tell us about DemonicRage, already. =) --Voidious 13:40, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
- My tests seemed to show most trees beating or doing just as well as your brute force one code when it was real data in use. Randomized data points lean heavily in favour of the brute force method actually. Still though, indeed the fewer scans of the melee case make the brute force approach not so bad really. :) --Rednaxela 14:03, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
I've annoyed at least one ex gf with my antiSocial robocoding obsession.. :) How do you create a page for a bot? --Jlm0924 19:50, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
- There are several ways, but the simplest: click on that red link I put in my last comment; search for the page title you want, then click "create this page"; or just go to robowiki.net?Page_Name (with _ for spaces in the url) and click "edit this page". You can look at other bot pages for examples on how to lay stuff out. --Voidious 19:56, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
thx Void, --Jlm0924 00:24, 9 September 2009 (UTC)
If anyOne could temperarily post the source to HawkOnFire ( here is good) I would appreciate it . The repository seems to currently be down..-Jlm0924 15:19, 24 November 2009 (UTC)
- (edit conflict) Well, I know Positive has posted it, but as I have already prepared it: http://pastebin.ca/1685597 --Nat Pavasant 15:59, 24 November 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks Guys !! -Jlm0924 16:12, 24 November 2009 (UTC)
- DemonicRage 2.2d with HawkOnFires' targeting (maintains DRs movement and radar only) is availible, just waiting for Repository to be up to post.
- I ran a few 100 round battles with 3 HawkOnFires, 2 Portia126fHoF, 2 DemonicRage2.2dHoF, 1 portia 126d, 1 DemonicRage2.2d, and 1 aleph. Portia126fHoF consistently beat HawkOnFire DR2.2dHoF and even aleph ! :)
- DR2.2HoF beat the HawkOnFire
- While Portia's score/survival is much higher than dr's...To my Surprise; The scores seem to indicate that DR's gun is on par with portias' :O I'll have to make a DemonHawk :P and see :)-Jlm0924 19:03, 24 November 2009 (UTC)
- Well, one thing that may be worth noting, is I think that the gun is Portia's weak point by a notable margin. I don't have time to release something like GlacierHoF right now, but this weekend I might be able to do that. --Rednaxela 00:06, 25 November 2009 (UTC)
- Yes that's true. Portia's gun is still relatively weak. I've tried to improve it a lot, but no luck so far. At least its 5% better APSwise that HOT. :) --Positive 00:19, 25 November 2009 (UTC)
Still down ... anyOne know why?? It's not just my end I hope :) -Jlm0924 00:23, 28 November 2009 (UTC)
- I think everyone has had troubles with it. I suggest you open a google site to store your bots, that works for me. :) --Positive 21:10, 28 November 2009 (UTC)
rumble server error?
I noticed I have two bot's in the rumble that haven't been removed yet.. The server message is: 'the feature is temporary disabled.' is this on purpose, or is there an error somewhere? -Jlm0924