View source for User talk:Dsekercioglu
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Packaging Problems||2||11:59, 17 March 2019|
|Sorry for the things I have done||0||16:10, 3 July 2018|
|Removing all your bots ?||2||22:51, 21 October 2017|
- After upgrading my robocode from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 I started to have problems with dev versions of my robots.
- What happens is when I put a dev version into a battle(184.108.40.206*) I get the packaged version of the bot(220.127.116.11) in the battle.
- After I restarted my computer I had the exact opposite problem. I started to get the dev version when I put a packaged bot.
- Also, when I put WhiteFang in the rumble it downloads a development version(dsekercioglu.WhiteFang* 18.104.22.168)
- Anyone having similar problems?
This bug is known and fixed already in 22.214.171.124-alpha.
Currently I don’t pack bots with robocode and I use seprate installation for roborumble, so this bug didn’t affect me.
However the fix of this bug is by reintroducing another bug. Yet I don’t know what that bug is.
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reasons:
- The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
- You must confirm your email address before editing pages. Please set and validate your email address through your user preferences.
You can view and copy the source of this page.
Hi, I saw that you removed all your bots from the rumble. Are you sure this is your intention ? Leaving your best bot active while trying to create a better one seems more logical to me. Note that it took me more than a year to enter top-100, and another year to enter top-20.
Agreed, please don't drop everything. Clearly you're smart and a good programmer, and even if you aren't cracking top 10 (out of over 1000!) please don't be demotivated. I bet there are a few bugs that are lurking somewhere in your code that if you found them would instantly give you a 20 position boost. Just ask User:Chase-san about his experience with Seraphim.
I also started Robocode in high school, and it really shaped my whole understanding of geometry, statistics and more and has eventually impacted where I work and a lot of my understanding about software design, when calculations should be approximated and when a high accuracy version is required, etc. Robocode is definitely the best studying tool I have ever come across.
For me, at least early on I got the most satisfaction from the microrumble - having the codesize limitation meant that there were less moving parts and it was small enough to keep the whole thing in my head while I internalised all of the physics, strategies etc. I still think there are major gains to be made in minirumble, and the nano/micro/mini melee rumbles are also very neglected. Maybe you would find more enjoyment in the codesize limited divisions? The megabot scene isn't for everybody.
Thank you for motivation. Robocode is the best game I’ve ever seen. It is so perfect that I started to tune my bots one hour after I decided to give a break. I’ve already found a bug and will try the micro division. I won't re-upload them since most of them are modular BasicGFSurfers.