View source for User talk:Dsekercioglu
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|MeleeRumble Client||3||03:20, 26 August 2020|
|Packaging Problems||2||11:59, 17 March 2019|
|Sorry for the things I have done||0||16:10, 3 July 2018|
|Removing all your bots ?||2||22:51, 21 October 2017|
My meleerumble client doesn't seem to be working, I get this error:
Unable to retrieve participants list. Response is 404: Not Found
and then it continues on with an endless cycle of:
Uploading results ... Could not load properties file: ./roborumble/files/codesizemelee.txt Can't open result file for upload Updating number of battles fought ... Can't open # battles file ... Aborting # battles update
As a solution, I thought I'd create the .txt files manually and put the melee participant list by copying it myself.
Although, I would like to fix the error since it won't pick up new robots and I will eventually make a mistake at copying the whole list or even worse, copy the 1v1 list.
in the meleerumble.txt file, there seems to be a typo in line 128 (my version of that file). It has to be PARTICIPANTSURL=https://robowiki.net/wiki/RoboRumble/Participants/Melee?action=raw
Note the questionmark between Melee and action.
Thank you, I remember myself comparing the two links but turns out my eyes couldn't distinguish between "&" and "?". :)
- After upgrading my robocode from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 I started to have problems with dev versions of my robots.
- What happens is when I put a dev version into a battle(22.214.171.124*) I get the packaged version of the bot(126.96.36.199) in the battle.
- After I restarted my computer I had the exact opposite problem. I started to get the dev version when I put a packaged bot.
- Also, when I put WhiteFang in the rumble it downloads a development version(dsekercioglu.WhiteFang* 188.8.131.52)
- Anyone having similar problems?
This bug is known and fixed already in 184.108.40.206-alpha.
Currently I don’t pack bots with robocode and I use seprate installation for roborumble, so this bug didn’t affect me.
However the fix of this bug is by reintroducing another bug. Yet I don’t know what that bug is.
I won't say that I was little and find excuses as I did before. I just wanted you to know that how sad I feel about asking questions in off-topic places, asking questions rudely and most importantly about finding excuses for the mistakes I have done instead of just accepting it. I am sure that I have done more unacceptable mistakes but these are the only ones I remember right now. Also, I want to thank the whole wiki for answering my unclear questions despite my rudeness, teaching me how to be more polite and making me a better person.
Hi, I saw that you removed all your bots from the rumble. Are you sure this is your intention ? Leaving your best bot active while trying to create a better one seems more logical to me. Note that it took me more than a year to enter top-100, and another year to enter top-20.
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reasons:
- The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
- You must confirm your email address before editing pages. Please set and validate your email address through your user preferences.
You can view and copy the source of this page.Skilgannon (talk)
Thank you for motivation. Robocode is the best game I’ve ever seen. It is so perfect that I started to tune my bots one hour after I decided to give a break. I’ve already found a bug and will try the micro division. I won't re-upload them since most of them are modular BasicGFSurfers.