< User:NatJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 05:34, 22 February 2009 by Nat (asking some newbie question to wave surfing)
Hi all, I have some questions about wave surfing.
First, define some term I'll use in this question:
- Surfer: all those surfer around today.
- Wave Surfer: a surfer that log hit for every waves.
- Hit Surfer: a surfer that log hit on only hit waves.
- log hit: the operation that same as BasicSurfer's logHit function.
- Question 1
- What is the differnce between Wave Surfer and Hit Surfer? On first time I looked into surfing, the statement I found is "Surfing is exactly reverse of GuessFactor Targeting" so I understand surfer as Wave Surfer. But, when I looked into code of DussGT, Dookious, Horizona and PhonixOS, I found out that they are Hit Surfer (unless it enable its flattener which turn them into Wave Surfer). Only Butterfly I've recognize that it's Wave Surfer.
- I'm asking this because I'm working on BlackHole flattener. BlackHole is wave surfer so I can't use those bot flattener style. I think that Butterfly does not have flattener.
- Question 2
- How can I create a gradient color for wave like Phoenix does? My style of BlackHole are a bit ugly... :(
- Question 3
- What will act faster and less memory consume?
- Multiple buffers VCS stats with 16 segmentation.
- One Kd-Tree but difference dimension calculator.
- My new BlackHole v1 (not v2) will have around 1000 buffers and up to 16 segmentations. I ask here to develop my robot in right way.
- Question 4
- What is the simple way to calculate bot width for surfing? DurssGT style is complicated. I'm now create 25px circle and calculate each bins it covered.
- Question 5
- What is better:
- Surf the wave until it pass rear edge of the robot.
- Surf the wave until it pass middle of the robot.
- Surf the wave until it reach front edge of the robot.