I'm a software developer from Saint Paul, MN, USA. My first exposure to Robocode was in 2001 when I developed a bot(Moses) that was promptly dismissed by every moving sample bot.
I re-discovered Robocode with the announcement of its open source release. Initially, I used Robocode as a testing ground for my interest in artificial neural networks. Since then, I've been infected by the competition virus. This simple game and generous wiki continue to teach me volumes about the truly interesting parts of software development.
Topics of interest that may apply to Robocode:
- Swarm Intelligence
- Support Vector Machines
- Tile Coding - see Tigger
- Andrew Moore's Statistical Data Mining Tutorials
- Chalk - A mega one-on-one bot. Wave Surfer and Dynamic Clusterer (or whatever you want to call it).
- Chomsky - A mega one-on-one bot. My artifical neural net test bot. (gun)
- Che - A mini one-on-one bot. My pattern matching prototype and first mini-bot.
- Charo - My first micro and first attempt at Guess Factor Targeting.
I'm currently on a robocode hiatus but I still check in at least once a week.