is wiki css broken?
I have a theory about the root cause of the problem, but I need more data to confirm.
Can someone experiencing this issue please open the browser console (F12 -> Console tab), and post the contents of it?
If I my idea is right, you should see
Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined, as well as warnings about document.write()
Same here. That's why I suspect the cause is js resources. However this issue seems to happen some time, and disappear some time. Maybe browser caches that once it successfully loads.
I see something else in Firefox:
SyntaxError: illegal character load.php:1:190
When I go to
After character 190 it is a bunch of strange characters. I guess something was corrupted on the database?
It seems there are two separate problems then.
Everyone who sees
Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token is:
- Using Monobook (the default skin), either by choice or by not being logged in.
- Experiencing this problem continuously.
- The root cause is that this script, which should contain jQuery and MediaWiki frontend code, has parts of it overwritten with 155648 0x00 bytes.
- Because that script does not parse, the loading process is broken.
- This probably requires a server-side fix.
- People seeing this: Skilgannon
Meanwhile, everyone who sees
Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined is:
- Using the Vector skin.
- Using Chrome.
- Experiencing this problem intermittently.
- For the Vector skin, this script, which contains jQuery and MediaWiki frontend code, it perfectly fine.
- However, that script is loaded by this script through document.write() of a <script> tag.
- Chrome is known to block the use of document.write() to load scripts on slow Internet connections.
- Thus, since the script that contains and exposes jQuery is not loaded, other code that depends on it errors with
Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined.
- Possible fix: Go to chrome://flags, set "Block scripts loaded via document.write" to "Disabled", and restart your browser.
- People experiencing this: Xor and past me