Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Version History - Help Requests - Guess Factor Chat - PugilistGL - PugilistGL/Code - Archived Talk 20040501 - Archived Talk 20090529
- How competetive?
- Quite so.
- It's the only MiniBot having broken the 2K barrier in the general class of RoboRumble@Home. 2007 points for version 2.0.8.
- How does it fire?
- Heavily segmented GuessFactor Targeting. Not too different from the Bee gun used in CassiusClay and BeeRRGC.
- How does it move?
- It's a RandomMovementBot style of movement. Only, it's not random at all. It's my home grown (with good advice from Jamougha) Wave Surfing. Pugilist "surfs" the Enemy Waves carrying real bullets. It tries to move to the least hit guess factor possible on those waves.
- Why that name?
- I insist in thinking that 1v1 battle is very much like boxing. It's about hitting well and avoid getting hit too hard too often. But Paolo was already taken so i decided to do David Alves style naming and use the more general term.
- Can I use your code?
- Sure. It's packed with the bot jar file and released under the terms of the RWPCL. Might be a bit dense though, since lately it has been a desperate chase for bytes in this bot.
- What's next for this bot?
- DONE!: Figure out how break the 2K limit in the general RoboRumble.
- DONE!: Grab the #1 spot in mini RoboRumble
- Make a cool logo
- Thanks to Jamougha for helping me getting the Wave Surfing to work. And to Jim for reviewing the implementation and telling me he thought it must be on the right track. And to ABC and Axe for "baby watching" P's development. And to everyone else who have tried to help me figure. Which are quite a few!