Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Released||November 28th, 2013|
|Best Rating||11 (July 7th, 2015)|
- What's special about it?
- Not much at the moment. But with the latest bugfix, I have fixed bugs in it still present in the version in Nene.
- How competitive is it?
- It isn't horrible.
- How does it move?
- Uses precise intersection wave surfing. A cut down and refactored version of Nene's movement. Known as Mint. It is far from complete.
- How does it fire?
- It uses a normal DC/GF gun. Very simple overall, it just has carefully tuned weights. This gun is identical to the one Nene uses, however, it was in this bot first and back ported to Nene so it had a gun I wrote in it.
- How does it dodge bullets?
- It surfs!
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Between matches: Nothing.
- Between rounds: KdTree movement data. KdTree firing data.
- What are it's weaknesses?
- Probably highly tweaked random movers with good guns, or powerful surfers (like SandboxDT and DrussGT)
- Where did you get the name?
- Got it from... well not sure actually, just thought it was a cool name. The full name is actually Mint Clover, but that is a mouth full. So I just called it mint.
- Can I use your code?
- Sure thing you can use my code. It is released entirely under the ZLIB license. In fact the entire code and it's history is available on GitHub.
- What's next for your robot?
- Running some challenges for testing and tweaking purposes.
- What's the end goal for your robot?
- I plan to eventually replace Nene with it if possible. Since Nene was never a proper robot to begin with, it was my development and testing platform. Basically Mint is a refactored and carefully rebuilt Nene.
- Does it have any White Whales?
- Not to that point in development yet.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- Nene was used as a reference for its movement. But its been massively reduced/refactored.
- It's gun was cradle robbed by Nene, so technically Nene was the first one seen using it. But it's attached with gum and scotch tape.