Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Movement||Minimum Risk Movement|
|Released||October 10, 2010|
- Bot Name
- What's special about it?
- It tries to predict and avoid enemy fire, making it nearly impossible to hit with HOT, and difficult to hit with other Simple Targeting Strategies
- Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
- How competitive is it?
- Slightly. It isn't as good as I had hoped, but it does pretty well. It is currently ranked 374 in RoboRumble. My tests of 1.0.1 so far have shown it to be much better than 1.0, even with just the few small changes it has in it.
- How does it fire?
- A Virtual Guns array with a:
- How does it dodge bullets?
- Every time it detects a drop in enemy health less than 3.0, it guesses where the enemy shot. Then it tries to avoid those bullets.
- How does the melee strategy differ from One-on-one strategy?
- It locks the radar in one-on-one. It just spins it in melee.
- How does it select a target to attack/avoid in melee?
- Although it has a few other parameters, basically, it targets the closest bot.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Virtual Gun stats, Guess Factor stats
- Where did you get the name?
- It was kind of random. I guess I just noticed that there was only one bot starting with an I on the wiki, and I had made the bot partly blue, so I chose Ice. I did change the colors a little after deciding, though to make it look more like ice. Before, it was darker blue.
- Can I use your code?
- Not yet. You probably wouldn't be able to make much sense of it, right now. I have no idea how I can even make sense of it still.
- What's next for your robot?
- Nothing really planned yet, but I do hope to:
- Does it have any White Whales?
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- While it isn't based on another robot, I did learn a lot from this wiki. It was especially helpful for the Guess Factor targeting.
- First release. It has lots of minor bugs, but I'm working on them. If I hadn't felt like I needed to actually get a release out, it probably would never have been released.
- I really didn't do much to it, but the few changes I made had a huge impact. Probably biggest of the issues I fixed was I fixed all the skipped turns from 1.0. I don't know how I didn't catch it, but my point evaluation was causing some major issues there. I also added some variation in the velocity with a sin*cos function. It has little effect against the better targeters, but bots with simple targeting have a lot of trouble hitting it now. Managed to decrease codesize by over 1000.
- Minor changes everywhere. Codesize is back up, ~500 higher than last release. Hopefully, this version actually improves, unlike the last one.