Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Movement||Minimum Risk Movement|
|Released||October 10, 2010|
- Bot Name
- What's special about it?
- It tries to predict and avoid enemy fire, making it nearly impossible to hit with HOT, and difficult to hit with other Simple Targeting Strategies
- Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
- How competitive is it?
- Slightly. It isn't as good as I had hoped, but it does pretty well.
- Distance from other bots
- Difference in heading to spot from enemy's heading (closer to 90 degree offset is better)
- Distance from predicted bullet locations
- How does it fire?
- A Virtual Guns array with a:
- Simple Linear Gun
- Simple Circular Gun
- Linear Iterative Gun
- Mean Circular Gun
- Mean Linear Gun
- Guess Factor Gun
- How does it dodge bullets?
- Every time it detects a drop in enemy health less than 3.0, it guesses where the enemy shot. Then it tries to avoid those bullets.
- How does the melee strategy differ from One-on-one strategy?
- It locks the radar in one-on-one. It just spins it in melee.
- How does it select a target to attack/avoid in melee?
- Although it has a few other parameters, basically, it targets the closest bot.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Virtual Gun stats, Guess Factor stats
- Where did you get the name?
- It was kind of random. I guess I just noticed that there was only one bot starting with an I on the wiki, and I had made the bot partly blue, so I chose Ice. I did change the colors a little after deciding, though to make it look more like ice. Before, it was darker blue.
- Can I use your code?
- Not yet. You probably wouldn't be able to make much sense of it, right now. I have no idea how I can even make sense of it still.
- What's next for your robot?
- Nothing really planned yet, but I do hope to:
- Decrease codesize, it's on the huge side right now.
- Add some energy conservation
- Clean up the code so I can release it
- Does it have any White Whales?
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- While it isn't based on another robot, I did learn a lot from this wiki. It was especially helpful for the Guess Factor targeting.