|Current Version||1.0 beta|
|Code License||None yet|
- Bot Name
- What's special about it?
- It's my first bot that I've really spent time on, and it's my first successful bot.
- It uses custom movement of my own I like to call Fission movement. I'll explain it.
- Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
- It's not quite ready yet.
- How competitive is it?
- Much better than I thought it'd be =) In several 100 round tests I got on average 71% score on N, 70% on Rapture, and... 43% against Aristocles. I'm proud of myself! Also, recently I got a much better score on Aristocles. See the White Whales section for details.
- How does it move?
- It is unique in the way that it's only movement is it's bullet dodging. I'll explain later.
- How does it fire?
- It uses Segmented Guess Factor Targeting as its attack approach. Of course, this means that in the first few round it will miss a lot, but then as it "learns" the enemy, it gets much better.
- How does it dodge bullets?
- Fission's entire movement is based on this! My unique approach to movement was to make it dodge bullets by moving and changing direction in an unpredictable pattern. It seems to lead to one pattern for a few seconds, then it totally changes. It's actually not a pattern.
- How does the melee strategy differ from the one-on-one strategy?
- It's only a one-on-one bot. However, it seems to do pretty well in melee, but it only focuses on one bot at a time, no matter how far away it is. That means it won't usually pick the closest bot, which means he'll die a lot. He usually does REALLY well in battles with three bots total, which confuses me. =)
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- Between rounds it saves memory for the best attack angles for it's Guess Factor Targeting.
- Where'd you get the name?
- I originally called it DodgeBot, because it's original purpose was to test bullet dodging for the first time. but that was in the beta of the beta =) then it got good. So, I dubbed it Fission because it sounded cool.
- Can I use your code?
- I'm not planning on sharing the code until I make my bot even better. However, I don't know how to pack my bot's .class into a jar that has the .properties and stuff. Someone please help on the talk page.
- What's next for your robot?
- Improving my unique movement even more.
- Does it have any White Whales?
- Um, beating Aristocles with like 70% would be nice. I used to always want to beat Rapture, (my bot used to get like 5-12% on him) but now he's easy. =) I always test my robot on N. I don't know why. I just do. Recently after doing a thousand rounds against Aristocles, I got 62%! It apparently gets better at aiming over a much longer time in a curve.
- What other robot(s) is it based on?
- I got the Guess Factor gun from this amazing web tutorial:
 Of course I had to tweak the radar and a few other things to make it fit onto my bot's system, but they did most of the work. The only other thing was I got the bullet detection system from , but I have changed it and optimized it so much that the only thing that's the same now is the energy detection which is like two lines. =) So, I think I have the right to call Fission movement my own.