Chronicle of 2017
Jump to navigation Jump to search
RoboWiki isn't dead! Here's what happened this year:
- January 1, 2017 ‒ Robocode 184.108.40.206 released. Nothing new.
- July 8, 2017 ‒ Firestarter by Cb was released and almost immediately jumped to 2nd place in the MeleeRumble. At this rate, it may soon take the melee throne.
- August 18, 2017 – LiteRumble was briefly broken and quickly fixed.
- August 20, 2017 ‒ User:Xor fixed a bug in fromHell.BlackBox_0.0.2.jar that was preventing it from being ranked in the RoboRumble. It took 14th place.
- August 23, 2017 – The wiki was spammed. See discussions here, here, here, and here. The wiki was cleaned up by GrubbmGait, Chase-san, and Voidious.
- August 28, 2017 – SimpleBot by Xor entered the top 30 in general 1v1 RoboRumble.
- August 29, 2017 – Roborio by rsalesc entered the top 30.
- August 30, 2017 – Roborio ranked at #11 in APS and #5 in Survival (!!)
- September 5, 2017 – GrubbmThree was updated. MaxRisk was reintroduced into the rumble.
- September 6-7, 2017 – An attempt to stabilize rankings and reduce load on RoboRumble clients by removing bots ranked lower than SittingDuck ironically led to a competition to create the worst-ranking robot possible. Current competitors include awful by Beaming, WorstBot by Xor, Retreat by Sheldor, and SuperSittingDuck by MN.
- September 3-8, 2017 – There were discussions on the wiki (thread 1, thread 2, thread 3) about Java versions, skipped turns, MoxieBot bugs, forced robot stops, RoboRumble clients, CPU usage, time per turn, Robocode internals, Robocode versions, ThreadDeath exceptions, race conditions, dropped log messages, TPS sliders, CPU constants, thread sleeping, and timing mechanisms. At least one bug in Robocode was identified (and promptly patched).
- September 9, 2017 – ScalarBot by Xor ranked at #13 in APS and #18 in survival.
- September 10, 2017 – DeepThought by Cb entered the top 30 in general 1v1 RoboRumble.
- September 12, 2017 – Monk by rsalesc entered the top 15 in MeleeRumble.