Chronicle of 2017
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- January 1, 2017 ‒ Robocode 126.96.36.199 released. Nothing new.
- July 8, 2017 ‒ Firestarter by Cb was released and almost immediately jumped to 2nd place in the MeleeRumble. At this rate, it may soon take the melee throne.
- August 18, 2017 – LiteRumble was briefly broken and quickly fixed.
- August 20, 2017 ‒ User:Xor fixed a bug in fromHell.BlackBox_0.0.2.jar that was preventing it from being ranked in the RoboRumble. It took 14th place.
- August 23, 2017 – The wiki was spammed. See discussions here, here, here, and here. The wiki was cleaned up by GrubbmGait, Chase-san, and Voidious.
- August 28, 2017 – SimpleBot by Xor entered the top 30 in general 1v1 RoboRumble.
- August 29, 2017 – Roborio by rsalesc entered the top 30.
- August 30, 2017 – Roborio ranked at #11 in APS and #5 in Survival (!!)
- September 3-6, 2017 – There were discussions on the wiki (thread 1, thread 2, thread 3) about Java versions, skipped turns, MoxieBot bugs, forced robot stops, RoboRumble clients, CPU usage, time per turn, Robocode internals, Robocode versions, race conditions, dropped log messages, and broken download links. At least one bug in Robocode was identified.
- September 5, 2017 – GrubbmThree was updated. MaxRisk was reintroduced into the rumble.
- September 6, 2017 – In order to reduce load on RoboRumble clients, bots ranked lower than SittingDuck were retired. An older version of Tron was also removed.