View source for Archived talk:Xor 20180221
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Congratulations on wiping out half of the RoboRumble||8||21:07, 23 March 2022|
You just dropped RoboRumble from 1100 bots to 274 bots. Congratulations on that.
I'll let the images speak for themselves.
Next time, please use the "Show changes" button before saving pages, and check the "Recent changes" page after.
https://i.imgur.com/J5vafN9.png https://i.imgur.com/lP0PXFG.png https://i.imgur.com/TwDAUEf.png
Really felt sorry for that... I should recheck the page once again after I finally save page :( Preview button is not enough :(
Anyway, thanks for your immediate reaction, the rumble may take even longer to recover without your help :( I promise I'll double check whenever I edited a page, sorry again for my careless!
LiteRumble seems to have lost quite a bit of data (e.g. Diamond used to have 23174 battles, but now it has 4967).
I've emailed Skilgannon, he should have backups.
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reasons:
- The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
- You must confirm your email address before editing pages. Please set and validate your email address through your user preferences.
You can view and copy the source of this page.Xor (talk)
In any case, here are the possible recovery plans:
- If LiteRumble is capable of auto-recovering itself, we don't need to do anything.
- If there is permanent data loss, Skilgannon can recover from the backups.
- Even in the worst-case scenario, Archive.org still has old copies of rankings, and we can work from there.
I don't think anything major will be lost.
No worries, the pairings should still be there, just hidden, for the next 14 days. All bots need 1 battle again, and then each will need another battle once all the bots are all back in the rumble to reprocess their results. This should be fixed fairly quickly.
Once its stable again I'll do another backup, since it's been quite a while...
This time it looks that only the newly added bots get correct pairings, e.g. 1189, 1188, 1187, but the bots added early has 400 pairings, and goes to 401 once it receives one more battle. So does it take ~1000000 battles to fix this time?