I'm a student, doing my Masters at the Robotics and Agents Research Lab at University of Cape Town, South Africa. My project is on implementing a 2D mapping system which will be used on a search-and-rescue robot so that emergency services can minimise their exposure to dangerous environments.
I currently have a range of (mostly competitive) bots:
- Machete - Uses Multimode - Stop And Go which switches to Random Movement - and nanonized Wall Smoothing, with a Random Lead gun. Not as strong as I hoped. - (RETIRED)
- Olek - Uses the Musashi Trick coupled with a nano Pattern Matcher. No Wall Smoothing (not enough Code Size. Also not as strong as I had hoped. - (RETIRED)
- Toorkild - A Multiple Choice Pattern Matcher inspired by the competition, Kev's Needle. Number 1 in Micro.
- Waylander - A Pattern Matcher - once no. 1 in the Micro Rumble. It was my first attempt at a competitive bot. - (RETIRED)
- Connavar - A Guess Factor bot, using Waylander's movement, and a gun based (slightly) off of Falcon. - (RETIRED)
- DrussGT - A Wave Surfer using Visit Count Stats for the movement, and Dynamic Clustering for the gun. Currently No. 1 in the 1v1 unrestricted section.
- Stormrider ( Wave Surfer based off of DrussGT, but using Dynamic Clustering for the movement. It shares DrussGT's gun. While in the rumble it was No. 5 overall. - (RETIRED)