- What's special about it?
- It's a MicroBot with GuessFactor Targeting and no code shrinking tricks used.
- Great, I want to try it. Where can I download it?
- How competitive is it?
- It's the strongest 1v1 MicroBot around! As of February 15 2004 at least. #1 in micro. #4 in mini and #10 in the general class. The latter being the most crazy thing when you look at the company in general top-10!
- Well, now it's the #2 micro, but still strong! And version 0.3.7 does this to the once invincible DT 1.61:
Aristocles 0.3.7 91094 29000 5800 49566 6721 6 0 580 420 SandboxDT 1.61 72726 21000 4200 42692 4825 8 0 424 580
- If you weren't around in DT 1.61's time. This means Aristocles is hella competitive!
- How does it move?
- Random, fluid, orbit movement. Never reverses because of walls.
- How does it fire?
- A GuessFactor Targeting gun segmented on distance, velocity, last-scan-velocity, time-since-deccel and wall-approachment (if that was not a word, now it is =).
- How does the melee strategy differ from one-on-one strategy?
- This bot doesn't know about Melee battles.
- What does it save between rounds and matches?
- The aim factors are saved between rounds. Nothing is saved between matches. (You tried fit GuessFactor Targeting and data saving in a MicroBot? =).
- Where did you get the name?
- I promised to name my next bot Plato. But Plato never gets enough attention from me so I release this bot under Plato's real name.
- Can I use your code?
- Sure. It's included in the jar and released under the terms of the RWPCL.
- What's next for your robot?
- What other robot(s) is it based on?